BOOK COVER DESIGN
Along with great content, a striking and creative book cover design is key for any successful author. Whether you are a regular to self-publishing or brand new to the whole process, you'll be aware that any book only has a few seconds to catch a reader's attention. Outside of 'judging a book by its cover', what's really important is that your book, your brand and you as the author are the complete package.
- Bespoke and tailored artwork for your book cover or series
- Professional cover design to show your author brand and identity
- Design and imagery, with marketing and social media in mind
These book cover packages are ideal for both fiction and non-fiction writers, depending on your individual publishing needs. If you're not sure which route to go, get in touch for a chat and a free consultation.
E-BOOK/DIGITAL DESIGN from £150
E-book design packages are inclusive of:
- Concept development and imagery support
- Front cover design only
- Up to 2 revisions
- Digital mock-up of your cover on kindle for use in marketing
- Web-ready deliverables
PRINT COVER DESIGN from £300
Paperback and hardback cover design packages include:
- Concept development and imagery sourcing support
- Front, back and spine design
- Up to 3 revisions
- Copy Proofing
- Digital mock up of your cover on a book and/or kindle for use in marketing
- Web and print-ready deliverables
PRE-MADE COVERS - COMING SOON
All my pre-made book cover designs are digital and sold once only, packages are inclusive of:
- Author, title and additional text changes
- Text colour changes
- Minor décor changes (which do not affect the book cover as a whole and at the designer’s discretion)
- Size alterations (please request)
- Delivered as JPG and PDF
Please request your changes, so I can confirm these for you prior to payment and editing. Any additional changes requested after the final version has been approved, paid for and delivered, may be chargeable with an extra fee.
Should you wish to upgrade a pre-made cover design to a print version or to include marketing, branding or website materials to your package, get in touch and we can have a chat about your needs.
- Create your tailored package by choosing your requirements.
- Get in touch for a free quotation, sending a message with your brief, requirements and deadlines.
- I will send over a quotation including confirmation of your requirements and a questionnaire to find out any further information for the project.
- On agreement, you will receive a final quotation, project specifications, terms & conditions and instruction for the initial 50% deposit.
- Once the deposit has arrived, I'll get to work on the initial briefs.
- Design proofs will be sent to you for approval.
- Revisions and amendments will take place to create your perfect cover.
- On final agreement of the artwork, the remaining fee is to be paid and your completed project will be delivered to you.
Basic social marketing packages include:
- Social media banners
- Custom website banners
- Favicon/profile images
- Book mock ups as banners
If you are looking for specific print or digital services, take a look at my Branding Materials page for further services that may fit your needs, such as roller banners, bookmarks and business cards.
I can work with imagery either found by the author (original photography or brought with a license from a stock photography website) or I can source the imagery required myself (prices vary depending on your specific usage, my time required for creative research and your package requirements).
In order to create the most original artwork (from stock photography or original artwork), I use image manipulation, retouching and post-production techniques to create the final desired effect. Before I take on any project, the clarification of art and imagery sources will be agreed on your quote.
Get in touch on my contact form to receive a quote or send me a message to discuss your project at enquiries[@]katiebirks.co.uk. Please give as much information as possible about your requirements.